Friday 17 April 2015

Masquerade

Masquerade
You are the all same.
Yet so different.
Bound to each other by the thread of life
Yet divided by what you think is right.
To others you smile
But your heart knows no ones visited for a while.
You say you're mad at each other
But inside you yearn for each other.
You worry about being true to the world
But have you ever been true to yourself my girl?
Take off those masks
This life of yours is not a masquerade.
Your eyes won't do all the taking here
Your heart will.
Listen to it.
Its beating right there in your chest.
Set it free.
Let it live, love, laugh, fall.
Let it make mistakes.
Don't be afraid of getting hurt
Cause without the pain you'll never learn
You'll never grow.
So take off that mask
And let the world know who you really are.
Prove then wrong.
Even if it means walking on thorns.
Its your battle.
And you'll have to fight it alone.
Because in this masquerade my friend you, me, us
We've all lost ourselves.
-
Whooho
So here's a poem.
I don't usually post poems cause they expose a part of me that I'd never want anyone to see but nonetheless I'm facing my fears so hence I've posted this on here.
Feedback (if anyone even reads this) would be highly appreciated!
-Srishti

1 comment:

  1. Finally... I know your name. Would you believe if I said that I wrote poems as a teenager with similar sentiments? These sentiments don't last .... so write as much as you can and share them. Not everyone continues to write poetry throughout their life...
    Keep posting. Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete